Your Privacy is important to us. You should continue reading to learn more about how we safeguard your info, what we do with it and what options are available to you. By using Life by Whitney, you are accepting the practices described below 🙂
When using our website and submitting personal data to us, you may have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other laws. For details about your rights under the law, visit here.
You may also email us with any questions regarding the processing of your information.
The info we retrieve is considered either:
This is personally identifiable info that reveals who you are. So stuff like your last name, email and address. Things you probably want to keep secret.
This is info made available for everyone to see but does not reveal who you are. So stuff you enter during account creation or registration, like your username.
Info we retrieve
We retrieve and save all different kinds of info to make your experience on Life by Whitney the best it can be, so you understand that:
- When you create an account, we retrieve info like your username, name, email and password that are required for everyone to become a member.
- When you become a customer, we retrieve info like your email, billing address and shipping address that are required at checkout to ensure delivery of your product.
- Your account ID, last login date and registration date, are all basic data fields we use to make sure our security features, any membership services and similar activities work to your benefit.
Other info we retrieve
We also retrieve info related to your use and behavior on Life by Whitney to help improve usability and the customer experience.
- We retrieve data about your computer or mobile device when you access Life by Whitney, like your IP address, type of device, operating system, browser or internet provider.
- We may also retrieve data regarding mouse clicks, mouse movements and scrolling activity. We do not retrieve keystroke information that you voluntarily enter on the website.
- We may retrieve your payment info, like your payment method, billing address, credit card data or any related info if you make purchases on Life by Whitney. Credit card transactions are processed through industry standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) by a third-party service provider (e.g. PayPal, Stripe, etc.).
- We may retrieve data by using tools like “cookies”, “web beacons” or third party analytics software, which may stay on our servers or your computers & devices. You can prohibit the use of these tools and files through your browser settings but understand you may not be able to access all of our services if you do.
More about web beacons
- Web beacons are clear GIF files. They usually work alongside cookies to personalize Life by Whitney for our members and to make it more user friendly.
- Web beacons help us gather small amounts of info and simple statistics on our visitor’s actions. Web beacons do not access any of your private info.
Info you make public
By “Public”, we mean any info you make visible to all Life by Whitney users.
- Public info includes, but is not limited to, your (i) username (ii) comments (iii) pics or (iv) any public content you provide.
- Public info can be seen on other websites or when people use search engines to look up a subject that relates to your posting. See our Margins for more rules.
- We do not recommend you post any private (personally identifiable) info, like your email, address or similar content in comments or in any public areas of Life by Whitney. We cannot control the actions of others who view this info and therefore are not liable for such actions.
How we use your info
Life by Whitney uses your info to give you the most secure and customized experience. We use your info in these ways:
- To authenticate your account and grant you access to the services.
- We use your email to let you know of any mail notifications or any Life by Whitney updates you subscribed or opted-in for.
- We may also use your email to notify you about promotional offers and account related activities you subscribed or opted-in for, and such notifications may contain code for us to track the usage of these notifications.
- To retrieve demographic data about our members in order to customize content on Life by Whitney. We may share this data to trusted third-parties or advertisers but always on a private basis to protect your identity.
- To retrieve feedback and/or survey data from our members. This really helps our efforts to make Life by Whitney better.
- In order to invite your friends to Life by Whitney, we may offer you the ability to enter a friend’s email. We would then send a one-time email invite to that address and save your friend’s email in our database, as well as give them instructions on how to remove their name in the email invite.
- We may use your payment info to process your purchases. A third party processes your credit card transactions through industry standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and/or strong encryption (3DES), and only use your private info for transactional purposes.
- To make Life by Whitney more efficient with testing and troubleshooting, data analysis, research, product enhancements and security upgrades.
Ways to protect your info
You have multiple options at your disposal to further protect your privacy.
- You can opt-out of mail notifications anytime by selecting the “unsubscribe” link in any email you receive from us.
- You can update your info you provided us at registration anytime by editing your account information.
- If you want to delete your account, please email us.
- We make Life by Whitney a digital fortress. Our security features work hard to protect your private info from public access, loss or any improper use and include (i) data encryption of personally identifiable and payment info (ii) Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and (iii) industry standard encryption.
- Despite our commitment and confidence in your security, we are obligated to remind you that the internet is a big place with some unsavory individuals, therefore we cannot guarantee the safety of your info as it is sent between our servers and your computer. Any website on the internet has the same problems.
- If you are under 13 years of age you are not allowed to use Life by Whitney or access our services in anyway. See our Margins.
- If you come across a registered member that appears to be a minor, you agree to report it immediately by email.
- We obviously do not knowingly accept info from any minor under 13 years of age. In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, if we believe we have received any info or content from a minor, we delete it from our database immediately.
Special provisions for users
- If you don’t agree with this Privacy Doc (which you accept by using Life by Whitney), do not register for an account or use this website in any way.
- By accessing or using Life by Whitney, you agree to this Privacy Doc and to receive it in electronic form. To withdraw this consent, you must cease using Life by Whitney.
- We reserve the right to change this Privacy Doc at any time.
- If you continue to use Life by Whitney after we make any changes, you are acknowledging and accepting any and all changes to this Privacy Doc.
- You should regularly review this Privacy Doc as well as our Margins.
- We may offer additional services or features and we can revise any existing services at our sole discretion, and this Privacy Doc will apply to those as well. We can also stop offering any service at any time.
- By “Life by Whitney” we mean all services and features offered on (i) lifebywhitney.com (ii) any mobile applications (iii) or any premium services.
- By “We, Us, Our” we are referring to Bullet Everything LLC.
- By “User” we mean anyone who accesses or uses Life by Whitney.
- By “Member” we mean any user who registers (by completing the account creation or sign-up process) thereby creating an account to view their private account details.
- By “Customer” we mean any user who completes the checkout process, with or without becoming a Member, for any product in our shop.
- By “Guest” we mean any Customer who completes the checkout process without becoming a Member.
- By “Services” we mean use of (i) lifebywhitney.com (ii) any mobile applications (iii) or any premium services.
- By “Use“ we mean use, related use, act, transmit, distribute, share, make public, display, post or make derivative works of.
- By “Can” we mean we reserve or maintain the right to take action.
- By “Content” we mean all uploaded media, pictures and videos, posts, personal information, registration details, ideas, comments, opinions or anything whatsoever you contribute to Life by Whitney.